Collecting has been a huge passions for millions of people across the globe for hundreds of years. If you are a collector then there are no shortage of people who are looking to sell estate jewelry, antique pocket watches, selling coins, or antiques and collectibles. If you are hard on times and need to liquidate some of your assets, then there are also no shortage antique jewelry buyers who are willing to pay you a pretty penny for items in your collection. Here are a few things that you should know if you are in the buying or selling market.
1. Though it is have a bit of a resurgence these days, coin collecting has been a passion and pass time for many centuries. In fact, contemporary coin collecting began during the 14th century with the discovery of ancient Greek and Roman artifacts.
2. The collection of American coins is also a huge market these days. Congress authorizes commemorative coins that celebrate and honor American people, places, events, and institutions that are released every few years in limited quantities.
3. The 1943 copper penny is one of the most valuable collectible coins. It is so rare that it can be worth up to 100,000 dollars at auction.
4. If you need extra cash an you want to sell any kind of gold, you should find a bonded buyer. Selling to just anyone can be a huge mistake. Finding a bonded buyer when selling gold, or even if you are looking to sell estate jewelry, can help to make sure you are getting the best deal.
5. Though the term Sterling Silver is thrown around a lot, many people do not know exactly to what it is referring. The term is used specifically for material with a silver content of at least 92.5 percent pure silver. For more information, read this website: www.countrysidetrading.com