A great alternative to an emergency room is urgent care, facilities that provide walk-in care to individuals with diverse health issues and concerns. These are often 24 hr urgent care facilities, designed to provide help and treatment even during off hours. But what is an urgent care facility, technically?
1. An urgent care center provides treatment for non-life threatening injuries and illnesses in an effort to relieve emergency rooms of overcrowding. Doctors and nurses are in-house to provide urgent medical care for sprains, cuts, colds, flu-like symptoms and other injuries. Depending on the outcome, an urgent care doctor may instruct you to visit your primary care physician to follow up.
2. What is an urgent care facility, if not a lifesaver? A study in 2010 found that one in five hospital visits could have instead been handled at urgent care centers. If so, this could have saved about $4.4 billion annually in health care costs.
3. Still asking yourself, “What is an urgent care facility?” Ultimately, they are places of business, and business is booming. In the United States, urgent care centers account for $14 billion in revenue every year. There is a reason people have begun choosing them over the ER, and that reason is accessibility.
4. Some states have set up a service known as point-of-care prescription dispensing, which allows patients to fill a prescription before they even leave the urgent care facility. That means less time between diagnosis and recovery. What is an urgent care facility, if not convenient?
5. More and more people are choosing urgent care centers because of difficulty in seeing their primary care physician. As doctors acquire more patients, less time is available to be spent with each one. Plus, wait times can skyrocket. What is an urgent care facility, if not a quick replacement for seeing your primary care doctor?
For the best treatment when you need it, consider urgent care. What is an urgent care facility? It is a place where you can get answers, treatment and, most importantly, peace of mind. See this link for more: doctorsexpressoceanside.com