Whether you live in a small town that does not have a health foods store at all, or you are just looking for the best health food stores online shopping so that you can find the best products, here are a few facts before you make a purchase with any of them.
1. More than one-third of U.S. adults (35.7%) and approximately 17% (or 12.5 million) of children and adolescents aged 2—19 years are obese.
2. 1 of 7 low-income, preschool-aged children is obese.
3. In 2008, medical costs associated with obesity were estimated at $147 billion; the medical costs for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal weight.
4. People with serious mental illnesses, like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or major depression, are at least 50 percent more likely to be overweight or obese than the general population.
5. Did you know that obesity is also linked with a higher prevalence of asthma in the United States? If you are thinking about trying about trying to look for health food stores online shopping to help with the symptoms of asthma, then you will not be alone.